I have visited a number of care homes over the last 10 years and most filled me with dread as they were places I couldn’t contemplate for myself and certainly couldn’t consider for Dad. While there were a number of options available to us I will be forever grateful for the reference from the hospital to Group Homes. Tamar, you and the team should be very proud of what you have created. To have a “home” that is every bit as good as our own homes, and a team of people available around the clock has been a real blessing. I know that you all enabled Dad to live as full a life as he could these past sixteen months, and his leaving us was as peaceful as I could wish for myself. So this is just a great big thank you from all of the family, but especially from me, for the way you looked after my Dad. I will be forever grateful.
- 5 tips for interacting with someone living with dementia
- Taking a closer look at how COVID-19 has impacted those living with dementia, and their loved ones
- Pieces of the puzzle: a dementia series. Part 2 – Cherished Moments by Tamar Krebs
- Pieces of the puzzle: a dementia series. Part 1 – Life Story by Tamar Krebs
- Thank you for your support of Group Homes Australia: Wahroonga