It is now about 10 months since Jill died in your Garrick Road Home. For the last 8 years or so she required constant assistance and care, which for the last 2 years and 5 months was provided in your excellent facility. I am writing to thank you and your excellent staff for all they did for her. Your lovely single-level, spacious and very comfortable facility, catering for a maximum of 10 residents, became for Jill the next best place to being at home. The comradery around the dining table, and the ever-vigilant attention of your carers to their individual needs made her feel safe, cared for and might I say loved. Because of her experience when in your care our family and I know we could not possibly have done more for her in her closing years. She deserved it and certainly received it.
- 5 tips for interacting with someone living with dementia
- Taking a closer look at how COVID-19 has impacted those living with dementia, and their loved ones
- Pieces of the puzzle: a dementia series. Part 2 – Cherished Moments by Tamar Krebs
- Pieces of the puzzle: a dementia series. Part 1 – Life Story by Tamar Krebs
- Thank you for your support of Group Homes Australia: Wahroonga