Our Key Benefits
We Specialise in Dementia
Group Homes Australia is unique. We specialise in supporting those with dementia and high care needs live purposeful and meaningful lives.
As illustrated in table below, which compares care and lifestyle benefits across different aged care facilities, a group home allows an individual to feel as though they are continuing to live in their own home, with a family – something not available in institutional care.
|Familiar Environment||24 x 7 Care||Autonomy||Social Hub||Meals: Preparation, Participation & Choice||Cleaning Participation||Recreational Activities|
|Live with the Kids|
|Traditional Retirement Village|
|Group Homes Australia|
A group home looks, smells and feels like a traditional home. Additionally, in contrast to alienating and anxiety-producing larger facilities, we provide a warm, engaging environment, where the highest quality of care is provided, and where people feel genuinely at home, supported by professionals who are passionate about what they do. Group homes that specialise in care for older loved ones are tried, tested and successful in many countries around the world. We have adapted this acclaimed model to meet the special needs and expectations of older Australians. As a result, our group homes are safe, comfortable and enjoyable to live in.
What sets us apart from traditional aged care dementia services:
- Residents can remain actively involved in the home, which is removed from them in larger facilities
- Specialised home design and interiors, outdoor spaces for dementia residents
- Specialised staff, who are not overworked due to the 1:3 ratio
- Creative ways of delivering professional services and community involvement
- Necessary equipment integrated into the design and only scaled up when needed
- No set visiting times – families may visit whenever they so wish