- Pieces of the puzzle: a dementia series. Part 2 – Cherished Moments by Tamar Krebs
- Pieces of the puzzle: a dementia series. Part 1 – Life Story by Tamar Krebs
- Thank you for your support of Group Homes Australia: Wahroonga
- A care partner’s mindset: This has worked well today . . .
- For lives that flourish – welcome to our new home.
Suffering or Living with Dementia?
- Feb 01, 2014
Let’s get a few assumptions straight. Loved ones are not suffering with Dementia. They are living with Dementia.
Do they know they are becoming forgetful? Maybe, but the most important thing is to be able to focus on what people can remember, not what they can’t. Focus on the things they can do not what they cant.
Everyones’ journey is different, and so you will experience varying symptoms at different parts of the journey. It’s important to know that you have support from family, friends and professionals.
Celebrate who the person is right now, try and focus on their abilities, and take each day as it comes. Different days bring different challenges; something that worked yesterday may not work today, then again, it might. So be patient.
The key is to have the ability to think in a flexible way and cherish every moment in the moment.