- Choosing a Dementia Care Unit
- Choose the Right Aged Care Facility
- Best Practice for Dementia Care
- Nursing Homes vs Group Homes
When looking for a Dementia Care facility there are a few things to keep in mind. Choosing an Aged care Facility for a loved one doesn’t have to be guilt filled journey, at Group Homes Australia you can move into our home from your home. We walk the journey with you and your loved one every step of the way.
- Does the Nursing home or Dementia Unit feel like home?
- Does the place smell like home?
- What are the staff ratios?
- Are their individual routines for each resident?
- Are meals and meal times individualised or institutional routines?
- How often do residents go outdoors?
- How many people live in the Nursing home?
- Can they age in place?
- How does the facility deal with Challenging behaviour?
- What support will the family receive?
- What support will your loved one receive?
- Who is the person for you to contact when concerned?